Wednesday, June 2, 2010

I return after a long hiatus...

For those of you who were wondering, I wasn't in a coma or anything. A few people did ask why I'd stopped blogging, and my answer was this- because I didn't have anything good to say about the world. It didn't take long for one of them to point out that I hardly ever have anything good to say about the world, life, love, people etc. He went on to say that he prefers me when I'm at my bitter, sarcastic best. So I thought I'd do the honors and drop by Blurry pages.

There have been no drastic developments in my life that merit writing about. I hope the rekindling of blurry pages will in turn, rekindle my zest for life, and the ability to marvel at the most mundane of things.

My dogs, Cuddles and Pooch send their regards to all readers. I regret to announce that Cuddles has been categorized as a 'senior pet'(she is almost 8, which translates into 56 doggy years apparently), as well as being deemed grossly over-weight. I've tried my best to put her on some sort of diet, but whenever I'm not around, she manages to woo whoever is in the kitchen with her glassy stare and thumping tail and they (poor suckers) generally fall for it. Pooch, being of the same age is also a senior pet, though he is plagued by dental dilemmas rather than weight fluctuations. During his heydays, he used to prowl around the neighborhood garbage cans and needless to say, he's paying for it now. One can only sympathize and draw unkind parallels to philandering husbands who were sniffing at garbage in their heydays, only to settle into a (comfortable?) routine with their grossly over-weight female counterparts as soon as they trip and fall over the threshold into the 'senior citizen' category.

P.S: The sudden realization that my parents are of the same age as Cuddles and Pooch, (being in the vicinity of 56 themselves) has hit me like the proverbial ton of bricks. Am I doomed to spend the rest of my days being the care-taker to all things old and overweight at the Jeremiah household?

P.P.S: I forgot to mention my ancient grandmother. She isn't overweight though, au contraire, she's light as a feather in springtime weather.

2 comments:

  1. hey ur performance in the super singer show was too gud... r u on twitter?

    ReplyDelete
  2. where have you gone!! and i thought the post mentioned something about rekindlement. you know what we all deserve another chance.... make it a great day!

    ReplyDelete