Sunday, April 26, 2009

It's finally happened.

I, the self-confessed computer cretin, have managed to create a blog all of my own, on my own!

And to think it all happened on a Saturday night. Well that just shows you how terribly exciting my weekends are.

I was contemplating what great historic event my first post should be about. But then I took a second glance at the title I've chosen for my blog and thought, 'who am I kidding?' I think it's more than obvious to all and sundry (I love that expression, it reminds me of 19th century gossipy English women and sun-dried tomatoes) that Blurry pages shall more than live up to its name.

So, I'm looking around the room for inspiration. There is none.

It is after all, a Sunday.

In all fairness, I'm pretty sure that if I had a 9 to 5 job, five days a week, I would probably worship this day of rest. But as it happens, I do not, and so I have learned to loathe 'the Sunday'. It just reeks of apathy, and the symphony of ceiling fans whirring away into the afternoon is more than I can endure.

See, my entire working life is unstructured. When I do get time off, I like to box it all up, little windows of activity, and that's my idea of a vacation. So its easy to understand why the concept of a 'lazy Sunday' is abominable to me. Then again, I'm not sure the world will take kindly to an anti-Sunday movement, so I'm left with no choice but to grin and bear it.

Anyway, there I was, lost in thought, in a moment of absolute Sunday-style quiet, thinking I could really do with a bit of noise. And miracle of miracles, my dog obliges me with a sneeze.

As is obvious, I'm yet to master the art of quitting while still ahead.

3 comments:

  1. Andrea

    Thats really a great news. Start writng and you see how this network grows..

    cheers
    Sri

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey, great beginning..! and I can understand the thought around a Sunday..for me, everyday is a Sunday too !

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete